Saturday, May 23, 2009

Album Review - Here, Here, and Here

So I just got Meg & Dia's album, and seeing as how I can't find my gameboy... wait, I just found it. It was next to me this whole time. Seriously, am I blind? I seriously did find it in the middle of typing that sentence. Oh, Irony.

Well, anyways, I'm gonna do an album review.



This album is a bit more poppy than their last album, Something Real. That doesn't mean I don't like it, it's just... different... than the Meg & Dia I'm used to. They've always had a more haunting feel to their music, and it's more than lacking in this album than in their last album. They still have amazingly strong vocals and a unique sound, and I really do like the album.
So far, my favorite tracks are Black Wedding, What If, and Bored of your Love (feat. Tom Higgenson of Plain White T's.) Bored of your Love is a sad tale of a love gone cold. I legit cried a little tore a phone book in half with my bare hands. Because I'm a man. Yeah. Totally manly. *sniff* I was really disappointed by the lack of a strong acoustic track that the group is pretty known for (see Halloween, Rebecca, Lessons in New Jersey, etc.) Here, Here, and Here (the song) seems to be about Mozart, and what he felt went into composing. Course, I know next to nothing about Mozart. So... yeah. Oh come on, you knew that coming into this relationship. How was I supposed to know you wanted me to do the dishes? That's not... sorry, I got carried away. Really though, I have no idea what the song is about. All I know is that it's pretty.
Anyways, assuming Something Real is rated a 5 out of 5, I'm gonna have to give here, here, and here a 3.5. That's not to say that Something Real was a better album, I just liked it a whole lot more.

Going Away - Acoustic
Cardigan Weather - Live
Halloween (from in their bathroom)
Rebecca - Live

No comments:

Post a Comment